Friday, December 25, 2015

Hammer and Chisel - Review

 
If you have been following my health and fitness journey you know that I am wrapping up week 2 of The Master's: Hammer & Chisel.  Today is day 11!  It's been a great program so far and I am motivated to continue!  There are 12 workouts in the base kit alone and that doesn't count the deluxe workouts or the bonus workout you get when you order through a coach (like me)!
 

I can honestly say that I feel completely rejuvenated in my workouts.  I have been definitely getting bored with my other programs.  I like to switch things up often, I'm pretty sure it's the only way I've stuck with working out for over a year now!  Anywho, Hammer and Chisel came at the perfect time for me.  
(Energize - Pre-Workout, Better than COFFEE!)
 
After week 1 was over, I felt amazing and like I accomplished something.  No skipped workouts.  However I didn't feel as sore as I was expecting.  When I start a new program, that first week is usually brutal!  However, it is urged that you pair this workout with the Beachbody Performance line - especially the Energize and the Recover.  Recover is meant to nourish your muscles that just did an extensive workout and prevent that post-workout soreness.  Energize - Is my JAM!  I get up really early to get my workout in and sometimes my body is just NOT feeling it.  Energize sends a surge through my body waking it up and allowing me to push hard through my entire workout! 
(Recover - Post-Workout: Tastes like Nesquick, such a TREAT!)
The program comes with a nutrition plan that follows the container system!  This is one of my favorite parts!  There is zero guess work, weighing, or counting calories.  Just fill up your containers and go!  The nutrition plan is CUSTOMIZABLE based on you and your goals.  If you want to lean out, build muscle or maintain - there is a simple calculations to how much food you will get.  Trust me, you will get PLENTY of food!  I do allow myself a cheat meal each week, though not in the plan, this is my personal rule for ANY program I follow.  

The meal plan for Hammer and Chisel is truly easy to follow.  I am doing plan A because my goal is to lean out.  If I was wanting to build muscle - I would be eating on plan B.  I am drinking a ton of water which I normally do anyway.  I drink about a gallon a day.  I'm super excited to do this program along side my friends and fellow challengers so we can keep each other accountable!
 
With my group - I plan to post my personal meal plan each week so my challengers can get some ideas, if they need them. :)
The workouts are challenging yet they are very doable.  This program is NOT for beginners.  If this is the first program you have ever done that includes lifting and cardio - I suggest beginning with a different program and setting a goal to do this next.  If you need help starting your journey, feel free to contact me any time and we can get you started!  
 

If there is ONE thing that is my favorite about this program - it's the variety!  Workouts change every day and each week is different and more challenging!  I tend to have workout ADD - so when it switches up it's perfect.  I'm always excited about what is coming next.
If you are interested in doing the Hammer and Chisel Workout Program, please complete the application here: https://slimmerkimberc.wufoo.com/forms/kimbers-online-accountability-group-application/.


I am currently accepting applications for my January 4th New Year New You Challenge Group.  If you are ready to start you fitness journey, but are not ready for the Hammer and Chisel program - my group is open to everyone - just fill out the app. 

Make sure that you link up with me if you do not have a coach.  A coach is someone just like me that can help you with the workout program, with staying accountable, on track and focused on the results that you want.  I'd really love to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment